What Happens When You Donate Your Hair?
How to Make a Donation to Cancer Research
Finding a cure or a life-saving treatment for cancer patients takes time for research and the funds to back it up. Cancer research is creating breakthroughs in the areas of prevention, earlier diagnosis, and better cancer drugs to help beat the disease. Whether its money, goods or your time, cancer research charities and organizations thrive on your support to continue the mission of funding cancer research.
Contact your favorite cancer charity and donate to it directly.You can give to the the American Cancer Society, the Susan G. Komen Foundation and many others. You can make a general donation or give in memory of a person who has lost his/her life to cancer.
- Most organizations allow you to give online, through the mail or over the phone. Some programs also allow you to establish a payroll deduction or a recurring donation where you give a certain amount each month.
- See if your employer has a matching gifts program, in which the company will match part or all of your contribution.
Sponsor a friend or relative who is raising funds for a cancer charity event.Alternatively, you can participate in a charity event yourself and solicit your friends and family members to make donations. For example, the American Cancer Society hosts the Relay for Life and the Susan G. Komen holds Race for a Cure.
Include your favorite cancer charity in your will.You can also set up a trust or annuity to benefit cancer research. Work with your estate planner to ensure that you abide by applicable laws when making this kind of a donation. An estate planner can also help you make sure that your money ends up where you intend for it to go.
Donate your second-hand goods to be resold at a charity store.Many cancer research charity organizations, such as Cancer Research UK, accept clothing, music, jewelry, movies and other goods for resale. You can shop at these stores as well, and the proceeds from your purchase will support cancer research.
Shop to support the cancer treatment and research.If a cancer organization does not have an actual shop, it may have a section of its website where you can shop for jewelry, clothing and other merchandise whose proceeds support cancer treatment and research.
Donate your used car to a cancer organization.Often, all you need to do is hand over the title and keys to a vehicle, and the organization handles the rest. The charity may use the vehicle, or fix and sell it to generate a profit for the cause.
Give your time and skills to your favorite cancer research charity's next fundraising event.Many organizations raise money throughout the year. Find an event that you're interested in and offer to help.
Give to a cancer center's or cancer charity's endowment.An endowment gift is quite large, usually a pledge of ,000 and up, that you give over a period of 5 or 10 years, depending on the organization.
Consider donating to your favorite cancer charity in honor of a special occasion.For example, you could make a donation in lieu of a Christmas or birthday gift, or as wedding favors for your guests.
QuestionHow do I give yourself (whole body) to research?Community AnswerThere are papers and documents you will sign to register to donate your body for research after you pass.Thanks!
- There are many different cancer research organizations and charities to choose from when deciding where to donate. Some are focused strictly on cancer research while others also financially support cancer programs for survivors. Research ahead of time to determine how much of each donation goes to support cancer research.
- Annual financial statements can help show how an organization uses the donation money they receive during the year.
- Charities that boast "awareness" use money for advertising and various events to make more people AWARE about the issue. 17% Susan G. Komen's, 20% of American Cancer Society's, 77% of Cure Search's and and 84% of PCRF-Kids' annual donations go to research and other programs.
Video: This is Where Your Cancer Donation Goes!
Microincision Cataract Surgery Treatment Eyes In Hindi
This Mum Just Updated Her Tattoo Of Her Trans Child
How to File Divorce Online
8 Things I Wish I Wouldnt Have Done in My Marriage
How to Cut the Umbilical Cord of a Baby
How to Write an Original Story
Mango March 2013 Lookbook
So THIS Is What Happens When You Go On A Night Out With Cheryl Cole
Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
How to Stay Hot for Each Other
The Scary Link Between Fifty Shades of Grey and Your Health
3 things you can do that will instantly make you sleep better tonight
The disgusting reason you need to wash your sheets more