Create a Minimalist Event Flyer In Photoshop
How to Design an Event Flyer That Gets Attention
Posting a flyer for an event you’re planning is only helpful if people see it. Fortunately, there are a variety of tips and tricks you can use to make your event flyer stand out. By utilizing color, shape, and typography, and making sure your event info is displayed strategically, you can design a flyer that gets people’s attention.
Use bold, vibrant colors in your design.Bright colors pop and get people’s attention. Add vibrant pinks, greens, or blues to the flyer so it stands out.
- For example, you could make the background of the flyer magenta or turquoise and add a vibrant-colored border around it.
Use contrasting colors to make the flyer pop.Contrasting colors are colors that are opposite on the color wheel. Colors that contrast make each other stand out, so incorporating them into your design can help people notice the flyer more easily.
- Some contrasting colors you could use are blue and orange, yellow and purple, and green and red.
Stick to one color for a simpler flyer.Try using only shades of blue or all reds. You don't have to use a lot of colors for the flyer to catch people's attention; people just want to look at something aesthetically pleasing. You can achieve that with one eye-catching color.
Add a crisp, colorful photo to your design.A high-quality photo will get people's attention, just make sure it's relevant to the event. Avoid using photos that are blurry or low-quality.
- For example, if you're advertising an event at the beach, you could use a photo of a palm-tree-lined beach that has vibrant greens and blues.
Use bold, large typefaces.Don’t be afraid of the text taking up a large section of the flyer; it will be more visible when people are passing by if it's big. Just make sure the flyer is still readable.
- Avoid using fonts like Times New Roman or Comic Sans. A few good fonts you could try are Century Gothic, Rockwell, or Verdana.
Make the typeface a color that contrasts with the background of the flyer.This will make the text stand out so people are more likely to see it. Typeface that matches the background will blend in and be hard to read.
- For example, if the background of the flyer is black, use a white typeface.
Use different size fonts.Make the text containing the most important information - like the name of the event - the largest, and the rest of the text smaller. People’s eyes will be drawn to the larger text first, so they’ll immediately know what you’re advertising.
- Avoid making the font larger than 100 pt. (unless the flyer will be larger than average).
- Use four or less font sizes for the flyer so it's easy to read.
Add interesting effects to your text.Text effects will make the flyer more interesting to people passing by. Give your text shadow or dimension, or make it gradient instead of all one color. Make the most important text bold, like the date or location of the event, so it stands out.
Experimenting with Shape
Use shapes to separate the different elements of the flyer.Squares, circles, triangles, and ribbons can all be used to break up space in the flyer so it's more visually appealing to people.
- For example, you could place three colored circles in the background of the flyer and put a section of text in each circle so the text stands out more.
- Try placing a large ribbon shape behind the headline of the flyer to help bring the headline to the forefront.
Make an image using shapes.Photos on flyers are common, so one way of standing out from the crowd is to create an image on the flyer using different shapes.
- For example, if you're designing a flyer for an event at an aquarium, instead of using a photo of a fish, try creating an abstract fish using different geometric shapes.
Replace some of the letters in your headline with shapes.Turning your headline into both text and a visual will make it more compelling.
- For example, you could replace all of the "A's" in your headline with triangles.
Displaying the Event Information
Make the flyer text concise and to the point.People will be more likely to read something short and simple as opposed to a long, wordy paragraph. Cut out any unnecessary information from the text.
- For example, instead of writing “Fun outdoor concert featuring three musicians, an open bar with wine and beer, and great outdoor games,” you could write “Live music. Free drinks. Games.”
Place important event information in a spot that’s easy to notice.People will be more likely to pay attention to the flyer if it’s immediately obvious what kind of event it’s advertising. Make sure the name of the event, the date it’s happening on, where it’s located, and any other important information is displayed somewhere on the flyer where people will see it.
Tailor the text to your target audience.Get the right kind of people to stop and read the flyer by using the kind of language they're attracted to. Think about your target audience's interests and needs and incorporate them into the text.
- For example, if you're advertising an event for kids, you'd want to use words that are fun and simple and not overly complex. Instead of writing "Starting at noon we will be hosting multiple games and handing out prizes," you'd want to write "Join your friends at noon for fun games and awesome prizes!"
Write an eye-catching headline.The headline is the first thing most people will notice, so try to grab their attention with something different. Keep it short and simple and try to tap into the emotions of your target audience through the text.
- For example, instead of writing "Come to a night of wine tasting," as the headline, you could write "Free wine!"
QuestionWhat program are you using to design it?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerWell if you have a Mac, you can download pages, and there is a format for an event flyer. If not, you can download Microsoft, and there is another format for an event flyerThanks!
QuestionWhat is a good entry level program I can use to make fliers?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerMicrosoft Word would likely be the easiest program to start with as it's familiar to most people.Thanks!
Sources and Citations
Categories: | |
In other languages:
Español: , Deutsch: , Português: , Italiano: , Русский:
Video: How to Create An Event Flyer in Just 5 Minutes with Piktochart
Yoga May Give Lung Cancer Patients, Caregivers a Boost
How to Prevent Hair Loss Due to Hard Water
Birth Control at a Young Age
Make Your Natural Makeup Last Longer
15 - – Homemade Face Packs for Beautiful and Glowing Skin in Hindi
How to Sell Crafts Online Easily
The Most Awesome Wardrobe Changes at the AMAs
These Vintage Oscars Dresses Are Still Iconic
How to Keep Pet Urine from Damaging Lawn
Toffee Crunch Cake
Hospice Care for Pancreatic Cancer Patients
20 Stunning Blonde, Brown, and Red Hair Colors
Advice on Positive Thinking
10 Best Long Hairstyles For Black Hair