How I customized my sweater in 2018 | @KenAndrewDaily
How to Customize a Sweatshirt
Sweatshirts might be the comfiest clothing of all time, but they’re not always the cutest. Luckily, you can customize almost any sweatshirt to turn it into a stylish piece of clothing you can wear anywhere! Show off your personality by ordering a custom sweatshirt or adding patches, applique, or even tie-dye to a sweatshirt you already own!
Ordering a Custom Sweatshirt
Choose a company to customize your sweatshirt.Read customer reviews and ask your friends, family, and social media contacts before you order to make sure you pick a reputable company.
- Compare quality reviews from several different sites and choose one that has mostly favorable feedback.
- Compare the prices of several companies so you can be sure you're getting the best deal.
- Popular websites where you can design your own sweatshirt include CustomInk, Spreadshirt, and Zazzle.
Select your sweatshirt style and color.You may want a hoodie with a kangaroo pouch or you might prefer a plain pullover sweatshirt. Browse through the available options and select the sweatshirt that best matches your style.
- If you're only ordering one sweatshirt, make sure the style you pick doesn't require a minimum order.
Select your logo and text.You can browse through the company's available designs, upload your own image, add text — anything that shows your personality. Try combining a picture with a witty caption, or just go graphic with a symbol like a star or an emoji.
- Don't upload any logo that may be trademarked, including sports teams or brand logos. However, if the website has them available as a template, they're fine to use.
- Depending on the style of hoodie you choose, you may be limited where you can place your designs. For example, you may not be able to print on a kangaroo pouch.
- You may have the option of printing text on the sleeves or hood of your sweatshirt, although some companies only offer this for bulk orders.
Save your design and order your sweatshirt.Choose the quantity you want for each size. If you're only ordering one sweatshirt, just put a 1 beside the size you want. Then, enter your credit card information and wait for your new sweatshirt to arrive!
Transforming Your Sweatshirt Without Sewing
Cut off the collar of your sweatshirt if it’s too tight.If you love the way your sweatshirt fits except it’s too tight in the collar, you can easily create a new neckline. Just turn your sweatshirt inside-out and draw a line where you want your new neckline to be, then cut along the line.
- Cut across the collar at 2 sharp angles to create a V-neck.
- Cut a wide line across the collar to create a boat-neck.
- Cut slightly into the top of one sleeve to create an off-the-shoulder look.
Dye your sweatshirt if you want to change the color.Dyeing a sweatshirt is an easy way to give it a new look. Prepare the dye according to the packaging instructions, then soak the sweatshirt in the dye for 10-30 minutes. Wash it thoroughly and enjoy the new look!
- Make sure to protect your work area with towels and wear gloves so you don’t dye your hands!
- If your sweatshirt is a dark color, you can use dye remover or bleach to lighten it.
- To tie-dye your sweatshirt, twist the garment into knots and secure it with rubber bands. Then, dip the sweatshirt into the dye just as you normally would.
for a cool custom graphic.You can buy iron-on patches at craft stores, fabric stores, and even novelty stores. Lay your sweatshirt on an ironing board and position the patch where you want it, then lay a thin towel over the patch and place your iron on the towel for about 15 seconds.
- Try finding a patch featuring your favorite band’s logo to show your love for music!
- Patches are a great way to cover up a hole in a sweatshirt!
Decorate your sweatshirt with pins that show off your personality.Whether you want to show off your love for all of your favorite bands or you add just a few pins with sarcastic sayings, this is a great no-sew way to customize your sweatshirt. Even better, you can change up the look as often as you like!
Draw your own designs on the shirt with fabric paint or markers.Sketch out a few ideas on a piece of paper to see what you like, then trace the outline of your design onto the sweatshirt with a piece of chalk. Go over the design with fabric paint or permanent markers designed for fabric when you're happy with your drawing.
- Try drawing small skulls on your sweatshirt to show off your punk or emo vibe.
- Decorate your sweatshirt with abstract graphic design to give it a modern look.
- Have all of your friends sign your sweatshirt for a one-of-a-kind memory you can treasure forever.
Sewing Your Sweatshirt
Sew on an applique to transform a plain sweatshirt.Adding an applique to a sweatshirt is one of the easiest ways to customize it. Just sew around the border of the applique to attach it to your sweatshirt.
- You can find pre-made appliques at any craft or fabric store, or you can make your own by tracing out a design you like onto fabric! Experiment with different designs that show your personality, like chevrons, a flower, or even your name!
- If you make your own applique, adhere a fusible web onto the back. This is a heat-activated, sticky substance that will help the applique stay in place while you sew it onto your sweatshirt. You can buy fusible web at any craft store for about -.
Use scraps of fabric to add pockets or patches.Cut a square from any fabric you have laying around, like a lace tablecloth or a small scrap leftover from another project. Use the scraps to create cool patches or pockets anywhere you like on the sweatshirt!
- If you’re creating a pocket, only sew 3 sides of the fabric. If you’re sewing on a patch, attach all 4 sides.
- Try adding elbow patches to your sweatshirt for a trendy look!
- Lace pockets add a pretty, feminine touch to a boxy sweatshirt.
Add a lace hem for a pretty, dressy sweatshirt.Cut off the bottom hem of your sweatshirt, then sew a band of lace all the way around the bottom to create a new hem.
- Experiment with different widths of lace to find the hem length you prefer. A small ribbon of lace will create a dainty hem, for instance, while a wider piece of lace could be used to create a bold look.
Decorate your sweatshirt with gems to add sparkle.Sparkly studs and gems are a great way to customize a sweatshirt. Most of these attach with a simple loop of thread, much like sewing on a button.
- Create a rocker-chic look by adding metal studs to the shoulders of your sweatshirt.
- Create a pretty neckline on your sweatshirt by attaching sparkly gems around the collar.
Make your sweatshirt into a jacket for a bold look.Totally transform your sweatshirt by cutting it straight down the middle on the front. Sew along both sides of the cut.
Video: How To: EASY CUSTOM DIY GRAPHIC PRINT TEES!
How to Change the Name of a Wireless Network
A Braided Hairstyle That’s Perfect ForProm
Airline pilot arrested Florida TSA security loaded handgun luggage
How to Teach Your Dog to Play Dead on Command
7 Simple Ways To Divorce-Proof Your Relationship
Orlebar Brown x Saira Hunjan: Classic OB Swim Shorts
10 Minute Power Workout
How to Pair Food and Wine
Is Robotic Surgery for Hernia Repair Right for You
How to Convince Your City to Build Something New
How to Get Management Training
The Perfect White Blazer For Summer