Vegan Apple Oat Crisp- Healthy Appetite with Shira Bocar
Healthy Apple Crisp: A Sweet Apple Dessert
Nutrition Highlights(per serving)
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 17g|
|Includes 7g Added Sugars||14%|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Prep25 min, Cook30 min
This lightened up apple crisp recipe offers a healthy dose of fruit and much less fat and calories compared to the traditional. While traditional recipes use more butter and add up to at least 500 calories per serving, this version comes in at less than 200. The lightness of it is perfect if you experience and still want to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 4 medium apples, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, diced into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons 100% apple juice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray 6 (5-ounce) ramekins with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine apples, cornstarch, cinnamon, lemon juice, lemon zest, and sugar.
- Toss well and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter, flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, and walnuts; mix well to combine.
- Spoon apple mixture evenly in to prepared ramekins, then sprinkle with topping.
- Top each serving with a tablespoon of apple juice.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Ingredient Variations and Substitutions
Try this recipe method with berries or peeled peaches instead of apples. You'll take in an impressive amount of inflammation-busting antioxidants and still get plenty of sweetness.
Instead of walnuts, add crunch with chopped pecans, slivered almonds, or shelled pistachios. For a hint of extra spice, add a 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom to the topping.
Cooking and Serving Tips
Instead of ramekins you can make a large batch of this apple crisp in a 8x8 square baking dish.
It may seem like a silly ingredient, but don't skip the apple juice. It adds flavor and prevents the topping from drying out.
Video: Vegan Apple Crisp | Easy Dessert Recipe
Rise and Shine to Exercise
How to Make a Good Album
7 Lazy Ways to Lose More Weight
25unbelievably truthful quotes byNeil Gaiman
What Is Hyperemesis Gravidarum
Latest fashion short hairstyles with highlights and low lights
How to Create a History Club
New Cholesterol Guidelines Up Prevention Efforts
How To Dress In Sydney Without Looking Like A Try Hard
The OBE, MBE And CBE Honours List
Recipes for a Healthy Thanksgiving Feast