Gingerbread Recipe: How to Make Gingerbread Dough from Cookies Cupcakes and Cardio
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. light (mild) molasses
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. Ground black pepper
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. butter or margarine
3 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
Colored sugar crystals, edible glitter, sprinkles, small round candies, and/or gumdrops (optional)
Ornamental Frosting (optional)
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat sugar, molasses, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and pepper to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in baking soda (mixture will foam up in pan). Stir in butter until melted. With fork, stir in egg, then flour.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough until thoroughly mixed. Divide dough in half. Wrap half of dough with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. With floured rolling pin, roll remaining half of dough slightly thinner than 1/4 inch. With floured 3- to 4-inch assorted cookie cutters, cut dough into as many cookies as possible; reserve trimmings. Place cookies, 1/2 inch apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet. Reroll trimmings and cut out more cookies.
- Bake cookies 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
- When cookies are cool, prepareOrnamental Frostingif you like; use to decorate cookies as desired. While frosting is still wet, sprinkle with sugar crystals or glitter, or attach sprinkles, candies, and/or gumdrops if you like. Set cookies aside to allow frosting to dry completely, about 1 hour. Store cookies in tightly covered container (with waxed paper between layers, if decorated) at room temperature up to 2 weeks, or in freezer up to 3 months.
Video: Gingerbread Man Cookie Recipe - Laura Vitale - Laura in the Kitchen Episode 253
New Year, New Desk We Say Yes
Top 6 Diet-Boosting Foods
How to Clean Fiberglass Bathroom Surfaces
10 Women Share What Depression Really Feels Like
The best fancy flats you’ll want to swap your heels for
Largest ObGyn Group Backs Annual Mammograms in 40s
These Are The Healthiest Takeaway Foods
The 59 Handbag Youll Spot in Every Street Style Gallery This Month
How to Make a Landscape Quilt
How to Travel Without Germs
How to Find People on Instagram
Date: 06.12.2018, 17:43 / Views: 73393