15 Things You Didn't Know About Meghan Markle
- May 19, 2019
5 Facts You Don't Know About Meghan Markle's Wedding Dress Designer
The mystery is finally solved: Kensington Palace confirms that Meghan Markle’s beautiful wedding dress was designed by Clare Waight Keller of Givenchy. Other brands that had been suspected include Roland Mouret, who is a friend of Markle's and designed the dress she wore to her hotel last night; Ralph & Russo, who designed the dress Markle wore in her official engagement portraits; and Burberry, a quintessentially British brand.
So how much do you know about the designer that has everyone buzzing right now? Read on for five fun facts you didn't know about Keller.
1. Clare Waight Keller is the first female artistic director of Givenchy. While the brand is French, Keller herself is thoroughly British—she was born in England and went to school in London. She succeeded Riccardo Tisci, who moved on to Burberry, and she previously led the charge at Chloé.
2. “Waight Keller studied for her BA at Ravensbourne College of Art,” as Business of Fashion writes. “She gained her Masters in Fashion Knitwear at the Royal College of Art. Calvin Klein hired Waight Keller from university on the strength of her graduate collection.”
3. She has won numerous awards. “Waight Keller was honoured with the Scottish Fashion Award for Scottish Cashmere Designer of the Year in 2007; in 2019 she took home the Editor’s Choice of the Year accolade at theElleStyle Awards,” Business of Fashion reports.
4. Keller is 47 years old and was born in Birmingham, England, on 19 August 1970.
5. At Givenchy, “Her artistic directorship encompasses both men’s and women’s ready-to-wear and accessories collections; haute couture collections; the brand’s global image; and childrenswear and sunglasses lines,” says Business of Fashion.
Video: 20 Things You Didn't Know About Meghan Markle
14 Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Gingivitis
How to Be a Good Editor
12 intense testosterone-boosting adventures
Rug Doctor Pure Power Oxy Carpet Cleaner 64oz, Red
The Minimally Informed Man’s Guide to the World Cup
5 Reasons Therapy Isnt Working For You (And How To Fix It)
How to Make Fried Macaroni and Cheese Balls
How to Look Like a Vampire Without Scaring People (for Girls)
8 Allergy Mistakes You Dont Want to Make
Anti-Inflammatory Honey-Mustard Herbed Salmon Recipe